||June - October every Friday and Saturday|
||2 days/ 1 night
|| $ 358 - per person
Avachinsky volcano (8993 ft)
- is located 12 miles to the north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
It appeared more than 10 thousand years ago. It is a soma-volcano, in other words it is a volcano in a volcano.
Period between eruptions is about 15 years. Last eruption was in 1991, 13 January.
Residents of the town Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky for some days on their way to work in frosty morning could watch
fiery red fireworks over the crater of the volcano covered with snow.
Then it was changed with the swirling trail of vapor and ashes.
Two heavy explosions were at the top of the crater, and then its cavity began to fill up with lava.
When the crater was completely filled up small lava flood poured out on the south slopes of the cone.
Today the most energetic outlets from the fumaroles are observed in the area of the peak.
The volcano consists of two truncated cones, as if they are put one after another, upper cone is modern one, lower is ancient.
The ledge called "Vorotnik" ("Collar") formed on the volcano Avachinsky.
Two going down to the North glaciers of Novograblenov and Arsenyev start from this ledge.
In the south part infill is still going on. The glacier Khalaktyrsky is located here.
It is not a difficult climb, young children of 8 years old and old people of 70 can ascent the volcano.
Professional guides will accompany You up to the peak of the volcano and back.
A magnificent view of Avacha bay, the volcanoes Gorely and Mutnovsky and the town Petropavlovsk-Kanchatsky and
Ylizovo will open from the top of the volcano.
Departure from the town. Arrival to the foot of the volcano Avacha. Setting up the base camp.
Trekking excursion to the mountain "Verblyud" ("Camel"). Lunch and overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano Avacha (8993 ft). Leaveing the base camp at 6 o'clock in the morning,
and having reached the height of 6500 ft. - 7200 ft.
You will have a rest and snack, then You will ascent a new cone of the volcano.
From the edge of the volcano You can see a splendid view: the town Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and Yelizovo,
the valley of the Avacha river and Avacha Bay, the volcanoes Vilyuchinsky, Mutnovsky and Gorely are in the south,
massive cone of Koryaksky volcano towers from the west, the valley of the Nalycheva river and the volcanoes
Zhupanovsky and Dzendzur are in the north.
Total time of ascent is 6 - 8 hours.
After the ascent, drive back to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The price includes:
transportation airport - hotel - airport, transportation on the route by the six-wheel drive "Ural" track
(groups of from 5 up to 20 persons), lodging at the hotel, breakfasts; insurance.
on the route: hot meals three times a day, during the ascent - dry ration,
service of the cook, guide, double accommodations in tents, over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Recommendations for the route:|
This route does not require special travel skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes. It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots. High hip-boots are good too. Ankle-high Gore-Tex boots. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding. It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
20. Telescope sticks (at the least 1) (it's desirable)
21. Personal first-aid set
1. On the route guides ensure the work of the primus-stove, camp-fire and helps cooking.
2. Porter service does not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.