||23,07 - 02,08
||12 days / 11 nights
|| $ 1307 - per person
Klyuchevskaya group of the volcanoes
It is situated in the central part of Kamchatka peninsular in the lower reaches of the river Kamchatka,
on its bend in an easterly direction. By its structural position this group belongs to the largest clusters of volcanic structures in Kamchatka.
It is situated on the joint of two island volcanic arcs - Kurilo-Kamchatskaya and Aleutian.
Total area is 4 thousand miles.
There are 14 volcanoes in this group.
Gigantic dimensions of the volcanoes, their dense clusters on rather small area, strongly pronounced and diverse display of the active processes
and also peculiar character of the products' structure and shape make this group inimitable and unique, it attracts scientists, tourists and climbers.
Klyuchevskoy volcano -
The one of the biggest volcanoes of the world.
The highest volcano of Asia and Europe.
The age of volcano is about 7 thousand years.
Height is 15583 ft
This stratovolcano is located on the right coast of Kamchatka river and has a correct cone.
The slopes is cracked, lavas' streams and the top is covered with ice.
Frequently eruptions occur not through the main crater and through lateral craters too.
Till 1978 height of Klyuchevskoy volcano was 15583 ft.
After 1978 the crater was completely filled by lava.
In the center of volcano the slag cone started to grow.
By 1990, the cone has blocked the edges of the basic hole and after it the height of volcano increased for 320-490 ft.
These years volcano was constantly thrown up and burning hot lava with the mud streams constantly flew down to the foot of the mountain.
Later, strongest eruptions of a topmost crater with lateral breakouts were observed 1978-1993.
Eruptions of volcanos proceed and now too.
The sources of its power (abyssal centers) are multistage structures, located on different depth levels (form 30 to 80 miles).
The structure of eruption products is - alumina and magnesia basalts.
Arrival in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Meeting at the airport by the representative of "Focus Travel" company. Lodging at the Paratunka Hot Springs Resort Hotel. Acquaintance with guides. Rest. Preparation for the route. Bathing in the pool with thermal water. Overnight (hotel).
Departure for the route, drive by "Ural" track to the settlement Kozyrevsk. Overnight (tents).
Arrive to the foot of the Kopyto hill ("Hoof") (3 hours). Lunch. Starting the trekking part of the tour. Crossing the stream Baraniy, the river Studyonaya ("Icy cold"). Overnight (tents).
Departure for the pass between the hills Klyuchevskaya and Ploskaya Blizhnyaya (9515 ft). Setting up the camp. Overnight (tents).
Acclimatization. Ascent the volcano Ploskaya Blizhnyaya (5-6 hours). Overnight (tents).
Reserve day (rest). Overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano Klyuchevskoy. Overnight (tents).
Reserve day in case of bad weather. Day of rest. Overnight (tents).
Breakfast. Trekking to the Erman's glacier and then to the place of car parking. Departure for the settlement Kozyrevsk. Overnight (tents).
Departure from Kozyrevsk to Yelizovo. Lodging at the Paratunka Hot Springs Resort hotel. Rest, bathing in the pool. Overnight (hotel).
City-tour of Petropavlovsk, visit to the museum of local lore, history and economy. Overnight (hotel).
The price includes:
transportation airport - hotel - airport, transportation on the route by the six-wheel drive "Ural" track (groups of from 5 up to 20 persons), flight by helicopter, lodging at the hotel, breakfasts, insurance.
on the route:hot meals three times a day, during the ascent - dry ration,
service of the cook, guide, double accommodations in tents, over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Recommendations for the route:|
This route does not require special travel skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes. It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots. High hip-boots are good too. Ankle-high Gore-Tex boots. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding. It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
20. Telescope sticks (at the least 1) (it's desirable)
21. Personal first-aid set
1. On the route guides ensure the work of the primus-stove, camp-fire and helps cooking.
2. Porter service does not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.