||June - October,
every Friday and Saturday.
||2 days/ 1 nights
|| $ 440 - per person
The active volcano Gorely is located at a distance of 30 miles
from Petropavlovsk. It is a ridged mountain range with the height of 6000 ft,
now 11 craters are numbered on the top part.
There are more than tens of slag cones and lava cupolas inside and outside the caldera.
Now the volcanic activity reveals in throwing of gas and crushed stuff at the
height of some hundred feet. Last eruption was observed at the end of 1984.
The volcano is presented by two large constructions: one is ancient shield-shaped,
its peak is crowned by the caldera of 8.7 miles and another is modern, the type of
Modern construction occupies area of 93 sq. miles and it is
located in the center of the caldera. It is predominantly made of lava and
basaltic sediments. Only here in natural deposition You can observe the
mechanism of fritted tufa formation.
Departure from Yelizovo to the foot of the volcano Vilyuchinsky,
waterfall and caldera of the volcano Gorely. Setting up the base camp.
Lunch, overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano Gorely.
Throughout the journey the tourists will overpass lava streams, slag fields,
small lava massifs. The aim of the route is to reach the peak of the volcano,
which is constituted of some joined cones where a chain of 11 craters are located.
There are lakes in some of them. Visit to some craters of the volcano.
Day passage is 10 miles. Lunch. Visit the hot springs "Dachnye". Bathing.
Leave for Petropavlovsk.
The price includes:
transportation airport - hotel - airport, transportation
on the route by the six-wheel drive "Ural" track
(groups of from 5 up to 20 persons), lodging at the hotel, breakfasts; insurance.
on the route:hot meals three times a day, during the ascent - dry ration, service of the cook, guide, double accommodations in tents, over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Recommendations for the route:|
This route does not require special travel skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes. It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots. High hip-boots are good too. Ankle-high Gore-Tex boots. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding. It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
20. Telescope sticks (at the least 1) (it's desirable)
21. Personal first-aid set
1. On the route guides ensure the work of the primus-stove, camp-fire and helps cooking.
2. Porter service is not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.