||16 days / 15 nights
|| $ 1687 - per person
About the route
We offer You to make a journey to the most remote and untouched
nooks of south Kamchatka.
You will have a chance to ascent four volcanoes, to bathe in natural
hot springs and to set up a camp under starry skies in one of the most
beautiful places in the world.
During the whole route You will be surrounded by wild nature.
It is not necessary to have a special training for this trekking, but being in good
form will make the journey more pleasant.
Ksudach volcano -
The caldera of the volcano Ksudach (3540 ft) - is a huge volcanic caldera
21 miles in diameter.
The main caldera and small calderas with lakes inside present an impressive
sight of the strength of volcanic activity.
The north cone formed as a result of eruption in May, 1907 - it is only registered eruption.
Now the volcano Ksudach is outwardly quiet.
But its inner heat feeds great number of fumaroles and hot springs on the
sandy beach of the lake Klyuchevoye.
Arrival in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Meeting at the airport by the representative of "Focus Travel" company. Lodging at the Paratunka Hot Springs Resort Hotel. Acquaintance with guides. Rest. Preparation for the route. Bathing in the pool with thermal water. Overnight (hotel).
Take off by helicopter Mi 8 to the area of the volcano "Ksudach". Setting up the base camp. Overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano "Ksudach" (one day). Overnight (tents).
Trekking to the volcano "Khodutka". Setting up the camp at the waterfalls. Overnight (tents).
Trekking to the river "Holodnaya Khodutka" ("Cold Khodutka"). Overnight (tents).
Trekking to the river "Goryachaya Khodytka" ("Hot Khodutka"). Setting up the camp at the hot springs, rest. Overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano Khodutka. Overnight (tents).
Trekking to the river Avacha. Overnight (tents).
Walking excursion to the old Gold-mine. Overnight (tents).
Trekking to the volcano Gorely. Setting up the camp. Overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano Gorely. Return to the camp, rest. Overnight (tents).
Ascent the volcano Mutnovsky. Return to the camp, overnight (tents).
Trekking excursion to the hot springs Dachniye. Rest, bathing in the thermal hot springs. Overnight (tents).
Reserve day in case of bed weather (it can be shifted).
Return to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Rest, lodging at Paratunka Hot Springs Resort zone. Overnight (hotel).
Shopping, souvenirs. Departure.
The price includes:
transportation airport - hotel - airport, transportation on the route by the six-wheel drive "Ural" track (groups of from 5 up to 20 persons), flight by helicopter, lodging at the hotel, breakfasts, insurance.
on the route:hot meals three times a day, during the ascent - dry ration,
service of the cook, guide, double accommodations in tents, over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Recommendations for the route:|
This route does not require special travel skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes. It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots. High hip-boots are good too. Ankle-high Gore-Tex boots. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding. It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
20. Telescope sticks (at the least 1) (it's desirable)
21. Personal first-aid set
1. On the route guides ensure the work of the primus-stove, camp-fire and helps cooking.
2. Porter service does not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.