|| $ 310 - per person
The Mutnovsky volcano (7618 ft)
is presented by four joined cones, their peaks are destroyed to
a variable extent by volcanic activity of different character.
Soma formed in the place of east peak and slag cone rose up in it,
its peak is the highest point.
At a later time volcanic activity shifted
to the west slopes of the mountain range, where two partly covered each other
plosive craters appeared, they have figure-of-eight.
Their diameter is 0.7 - 1 mile, the depth is from 984 to 1968 ft.
The craters are almost filled up with ice and firn snow.
Series of hollow holes of different integrity are observed in the north-west
part of the craters. One of them is situated at the turn of two large craters
and considered the most active. No less interesting volcanic phenomena are observed
in the stage of plosive crater. Here one can see steam and gas jets,
which outlets are set off by volcanic sulfur.
Water and mud pots are observed close to the river Vulkannaya, which
cuts through the bottom of the crater.
Here you can see formations of marcasite, sulfur minerals and so on.
All these give the volcano greater originality and let it to rank with
other volcanic phenomena of the world and together with other criteria it is presented
as a natural object of universal importance.
Drive to the heli ground by car. Take off to the excursion ( Mi 8 helicopter). Flight to the volcano Mutnovsky (25 min), flight around the volcano Viluchinskiy.
Lending. Trekking excursion to the crater of Mutnovskiy volcano. Flight back.
The price includes:
transportation airport - hotel - airport,
flight by helicopter, insurance.
on the route: dry ration, service of the cook and guide.
The price does not include:
Recommendations for the route:|
This route does not require special travel skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes. It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots. High hip-boots are good too. Ankle-high Gore-Tex boots. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding. It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
20. Telescope sticks (at the least 1) (it's desirable)
21. Personal first-aid set
1. On the route guides ensure the work of the primus-stove, camp-fire and helps cooking.
2. Porter service does not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.