||23,08 - 01,09
||10 days / 9 nights
|| $ 2374 - per person
We suggest you to make a trip to the very north of Kamchatka peninsula and touch the culture of Kamchatka native Koriak people.
Your trip will start with the flight to koriak settlement named Palana which is the administrative center of Koriak Autonomous Region.
You will also fly by helicopter to the area of Palanskoe lake where you will see wild rivers full of fish, crystal clean lake and
lots of fur-bearing animals such as sable, fox, lynx, stoat and arctic fox.
A great number of species of birds and sea mammals live on the coast.
Native people still keep their centuries-old traditions, songs, dances, harness races, holidays as old as the ancient times.
A trip to Palana settlement depends on the flight schedule to this region. Below we suggest you an approximate plan of a route,
which can be organized, but it can be changed also. It depends on the date of your arriva.
Arrival. Meeting in the airport by the representative of Focus Travel. Accommodation in a Paratunka area loge. Free time, swimming in the thermal water pool. Overnight (hotel).
Flight from Elizovo city to Palana by plane 'An 24' (carrying out of the flights greatly depend on the weather). Accommodation in local hotel. Local national koriak ensemble concer. Staying overnight (hotel).
Helicopter flight to Palanskoe Lake (30 minutes), setting up a camp. Rest. Staying overnight (tents).
Walking excursion to Palana River, fishing, picnic. Staying overnight (tents).
Helicopter flight to the location of a reindeer herd (flight time depends on time of the year and location of a herd). Watching a daily life of a reindeer herd breeders. Staying overnight (tents) reindeer herd area.
An extra day in case of bad weather. Staying overnight (tents) reindeer herd area.
Rest day. Fishing, short walking excursions, visiting of picturesque places. There is a great opportunity for making photos. Flight back to Palana. Staying overnight (tents).
Shopping (souvenirs) in Palana,. Rest. Flight back to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Staying overnight (hotel).
City-tour around Petropavlovsk, visiting museum, Open sea boat trip along Avacha Bay with fishing. Staying overnight (hotel).
The price includes:
transfer to the airport - hotel - airport, all permits and licenses, helicopter flight, breakfasts, insurance,
hotel accommodation (twins).
on the route:hot meals three times a day + dry ration, service of the cook, guide, double accommodations in tents,
over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
round trip airfare to Palana village.
Recommendations for the route:|
This route does not require special travel skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes. It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots. High hip-boots are good too. Ankle-high Gore-Tex boots. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding. It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
20. Telescope sticks (at the least 1) (it's desirable)
21. Personal first-aid set
1. On the route guides ensure the work of the primus-stove, camp-fire and helps cooking.
2. Porter service does not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.